TV Cabinet vs Wall Mounting
When choosing whether to mount your television to the wall or use a TV cabinet, you must consider which style is more suit with your living room. You need to consider the size of the television, the size of the seating area and the layout of the seating area.
Pros and Cons TV Cabinet
- You can hide your electronic equipment behind closed doors and it becomes part of the room décor.
- TV cabinet has storage for you to place DVD player, Xbox, CD and others that need to be stored and it also can prevent your stuff from damage.
- TV cabinets are easy to move for when you sell your home or simply rearrange the furniture layout of your room.
- Do take up more room since they have to occupy the top of a piece of furniture which can limit your seating area.
Pros and Cons TV Mounting
- Wall mounting TV becomes a space saver because they are thin and can secured so close to the wall, they hardly stick out at all.
- Easier to achieve the optimal viewing distance and reduce the change of eye or neck strain. You can attach the screen at a height to suit you.
- If TV is placed too high on the wall, it can be uncomfortable to watch TV as you will be looking up at the screen.
- If you have any additional devices such as a sound system, DVD player or video game console, all the audio and visual wires will be visible. So you can lose the uncluttered look and need something to put these pieces of kit on.